EGREPA was born from the premise that the field of “Physical Activity and health for the older generation” is an interdisciplinary field of study which involves professionals and researchers from very diverse areas. These areas include Medicine, Biology, Education and Health Care Services. Among the diverse disciplines we could cite Epidemiology, Exercise Physiology, Geriatrics, Gerontology, Healthy Education, Nutrition, Physical Education, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Rehabilitation and Sociology.
The European Group for Research into Elderly and Physical Activity is a non-profit making non-governmental association (NGO) which aims to promote physical activity and health in the elderly through the carrying hookuphangout.com out and promotion of research and the collection and diffusion of information related to this field of interest.
Interaction is a condition to make progress in this field. EGREPA is a scientific organization that is opened to work and co-operate with other organizations with common interests.
Its objectives are:
1. To contribute to public well-being.
2. To promote functional independence and improve life expectancy in the elderly.
3. To promote research into physical activity and the elderly.
4. To diffuse this knowledge for the public good.
The functions of EGREPA are:
- to serve as a coordinating and counseling agency in matters of common interest.
- To plan and direct scientific and educational meetings
- To publish and distribute proceedings, reports, reviews or summaries.
- Other activities which are appropriate for the development of its objectives.